|ΤΟΥΡΙΣΤΙΚΗ ΟΙΚΟΝΟΜΙΚΗ – ΤΟΥΡΙΣΤΙΚΗ ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΟΛΟΓΙΑ|
|Κωδικός Μαθήματος||Τύπος Μαθήματος||Υποχρεωτικό|
|Θεωρία / Εργαστήριο / Φροντιστήριο / Ασκήσεις||3 / - / - / -||
|Στόχος Μαθήματος - Περιγραφή Περιεχομένου:|
The aim of the course is to describe and explain the concepts of tourism and leisure through the perspective of social sciences. In the first part of the course the subject of sociology is well-defined as well as, the specific sociological directions related to the subject of tourism (sociology of tourism, leisure and recreation sociology, sociology of sport, etc). Next, the basic sociological theories related to the tourism phenomenon are presented and accordingly is developed the sociological dimension of tourism and leisure. The social functions-effects of natural and man-made environment on tourists are also analysed. Forms of tourism-leisure organization are outlined, and cultural activities are analyzed in the context of tourism.
In the second part of the course, after a brief socio-historical review concerning the tourist phenomenon from modern to postmodern society, the new directions in the sociology of tourism are presented. Initially, are investigated the representational practices of the tourist industry, based on a semiotic approach. Postmodern sociological views are developed in relation to concepts such as authenticity, hyperreality, social and cultural identity, the symbolic significance of the tourist area, etc, Next, the phenomenon of tourism is presented in relation to the theories concerning communications, mass media and the new technologies. Finally, issues related to globalization, culture and the development of international tourism are investigated and analyzed.
This course is designed to help students comprehend the development of the ‘hospitality’ of people and the leisure industry related to social theories and to show them the cultural importance of tourism for both visitors and societies that constitute the tourist destinations in modern times.
1. Sociology and Sociological Directions (Sociology of Tourism, Leisure Sociology, etc.)
2. Basic Sociological Theories (Discrimination, Representations, etc.)
3. Sociological Dimension of Tourism (Differentiation due to Origin, Gender, Occupation etc.)
4. Sociological Function of Tourism and Leisure (References on "Habitus” and "Social Stereotypes" regarding the effects on different social groups of the population)
5. Forms of Tourism Organization (Natural Environment, Urban, Special Content)
6. Cultural Activities in the Context of Tourism (Sports, Culture, Recreation etc.)
7. Social and historical dimension of the tourist phenomenon, from the modern to postmodern society
8. New Directions in Tourism Sociology
9. Semiotic Approach of Tourism
10. Postmodern Sociological Views in Relation to Tourism (Authenticity, Hyperreality, Social-Cultural Identity, Symbolic Significance of the Tourist Area, etc.)
11. Communication, Mass Media, New Technologies and Tourism
12. Globalization, Culture and the Development of International Tourism
13. Workplace visits - Access to a range of high-quality workplace, discussions with expert professional groups etc.
|Μαθησιακά Αποτελέσματα – Προσόντα που αποκτώνται:|
As a result of taking this course, the students will gain the theoretical frameworks for understanding the basic social and cultural issues of tourism industry in order to function effectively within this field.
|‘Κοινωνιολογία των πολιτισμικών δραστηριοτήτων, Αθλητισμού - Πολιτισμού – Αναψυχής’, Κωνσταντινάκος Παντελής, Εκδόσεις Παπαζήση, 2015|